Amarante wants to attract new residents and is offering a free house for a month.
The municipality of Amarante is looking for new residents, namely professionals in the technology sector, who are available to live and work in the municipality for a month. As a result, Amarante, a municipality located in the Tâmega e Sousa subregion in the province of Porto in northern Portugal, is offering a free stay (to the candidate and their family) and a set of experiences supported by a local host. Find out how you could live in Portugal for free for a month.
In a statement, the municipality explains that the goal of offering a free stay is to "strengthen the Amarante Tech Hub with talent and know-how. Developers, Quality Assurance, Devops, Scrum Masters, programming teachers and mobile developers are just some of the several areas that are sought after for this residence during the months of October, November and December 2021," adds the municipality.
In this initiative, according to the municipality, the selected candidates will benefit from:
- Free accommodation for one month, for themselves and their family;
- A local host to support their integration in Amarante;
- A set of experiences to better know Amarante, its traditions and potential;
- In return, the selected candidates will only have to develop a workshop or masterclass within their technological area of expertise that will be promoted within the technological community of Amarante.
Registrations for this scheme known as 'Talent Move to Amarante' are already open, and those interested should fill in an online form, according to the following schedule:
- To live in Amarante in October 2021, applications are open until 15th September 2021
- To live in Amarante in November 2021, applications are accepted until 15th October 2021
This programme is currently in its pilot phase, will last 3 months and for now, will host one lucky family/worker per month.